Advantages and disadvantages of Corona.
- Due to corona formation, the air surrounding the conductor becomes conducting and hence virtual diameter of the conductor is increased. The increased diameter reduces the electro-static stresses between the conductors.
- Corona reduces the effects of transients produced by surges.
- Corona is accompanied by a loss of energy. This affects the transmission efficiency of the line.
- Ozone is produced by corona and may cause corrosion of the conductor due to chemical action.
- The current drawn by the line due to corona is non-sinusoidal and hence non-sinusoidal Voltage drop occurs in the line. This may cause inductive interference with neighboring Communication lines.
Free Circuit Design: Schematic - Simulation - PCB Layout - Gerber Viewer
Cheapest PCB Prototype: Only $2 for 10pcs, 24 hours Quick Turn, DHL Delivery in 3 days