Methods of reducing corona effect
It has been seen that intense corona effects are observed at a working voltage of 33 kV or above.
Therefore, careful design should be made to avoid corona on the sub-stations or bus-bars rated for 33kV and higher voltages otherwise highly ionised air may cause flash-over in the insulators or between the phases, causing considerable damage to the equipment. The corona effects can be reduced by the following methods :
- Theory of corona formation.
- Factors and condition effecting Corona.
- Important terms due to Corona
- Some Examples of Corona calculation.
- Advantages and disadvantages of Corona. Or Its effect on communication lines.
- Power loss due to corona.
Free Circuit Design: Schematic - Simulation - PCB Layout - Gerber Viewer
Cheapest PCB Prototype: Only $2 for 10pcs, 24 hours Quick Turn, DHL Delivery in 3 days