Methods of reducing corona effect
It has been seen that intense corona effects are observed at a working voltage of 33 kV or above.
Therefore, careful design should be made to avoid corona on the sub-stations or bus-bars rated for 33kV and higher voltages otherwise highly ionised air may cause flash-over in the insulators or between the phases, causing considerable damage to the equipment. The corona effects can be reduced by the following methods :
- Theory of corona formation.
- Factors and condition effecting Corona.
- Important terms due to Corona
- Some Examples of Corona calculation.
- Advantages and disadvantages of Corona. Or Its effect on communication lines.
- Power loss due to corona.
Free Circuit Design Software: learn to use Editor quickly and easily
Cheapest PCB: 10pcs 2-layers 10cm×10cm only $8.21, 3-day build time, 100% E-test