Following are he minimum information and Data which to be shown on a transformer nameplate.The standards require the following information and data for transformers rated above 500 kVA
(Suppose 1000kVA = 1MVA.
• Name of manufacturer
• Serial number
• year of manufacture
• Number of phases
• kVA or MVA rating
• Voltage ratings.
• Tap voltages.
• Connection diagram.
• Cooling class
• Rated temperature in °C
• Polarity (for Single Phase Transformers)
• Phasor or vector diagram (For Polyphase or Three Phase Transformers)
• % impedance.
• Approximate mass or weight of the transformer
• Type of insulating liquid.
• Conductor material of each winding.
• Oil volume (of each transformer Container/Compartment)
• Instruction for Installation and Operation
Name Plate Rating Of a Transformer
The Data on the Nameplate of transformers contains of kilo-Watts rating, Voltage Rating,Frequency, Number of Phases, Temperature, Type of Cooling, % Impedance and Reactance, Name of Manufacture,Year of Manufacture etc.
A Typica Nameplate of a Transformer as follow.
S.No. Description of Data to be given Ra-marks for example
  =================================================================
1. Manufacturer’s Name: ABB/206788
2. Manufacture’s Serial Number 224106
3. Kind of Transformer Power Transformer
4. 236839Relevent Standard Year I.S/P.S/B.S/ IEC /DIS/JIS NEMA
5. Year of Manufacture 2013
6. Number of Phase 3
7. Rated Power 1000kVA = 1MVA
8. Rated Frequency: 50Hz
9. Rated Voltages: HV 33 kV, LV 11 kV,
10. Rated Currents HV______,LV_______.
11. Vector Group Symbol __________________
12 % Impedance Voltage
( At Raed Current) __________________
13. % Reactance Voltage in % : __________________
14. Types of Cooling ONAM
15 .Total Weight __________Kg
..Mass or insulating Oil __________Kg
..Transportation Weight __________Kg
..Untanking Weight __________Kg
16. Insulating liquid ( if Not Oil) Types: ______________
17. Quantity of Oil ( Liters): __________
18. Details about Tap-Changer __________
19. Rated insulation Level: __________
..Power-Frequency withstand Voltage kV(rms)
20. Other …………………….
Also shown in below image.
Free Circuit Design Software: learn to use Editor quickly and easily
Cheapest PCB: 10pcs 2-layers 10cm×10cm only $8.21, 3-day build time, 100% E-test