- An old computer cooling fan or a Motor 12VDC
- 2 old Cds (One for stand and other for making Fan)
- A Phillips-head screwdriver
- Wire cutters
- A USB cable with a plug at both ends
- Decorated stand as seen in the figures 20 and 22.
- A working computer with USB slot or Power supply of 12V DC with plug
- A wire-insulation stripper
- Electrical tape
- Cut the CD by Scissors in the form of Fan blades and then use candle or lighter to heat up the blades of CD to bend in the form of fan Blades.
- Disconnect the two wires that attach the motor fan to the computer .one red, one black. The wires will remain connected to the fan.
- Using wire cutters strip off a half-inch of the protective coating from the two wires.
- Cut off one end of the USB cable and strip away two inches of the outer casing. There will be four wires inside. Green, white, red, and black. Slice off the green and white wires up to the casing. All we need are the red and black wires.
- Strip a half-inch of the protective coating from the red and black USB wires.
- Twist the exposed USB wires to the exposed wires from the computer fan, red to red, and black to black.
- Wrap the two individual sets of connected wires separately in electrical tape. Then, tape and wrap both sets together to form one cable.
- Create a stand for the fan from the other CD as seen in the figure 20.
- Adjust and angle the fan as desired and plug the USB cable into your computer or main control circuit on the project board. Ah, feel the refreshing breeze.
Image Story of USB Mini Fan (Homemade, very simple Using PC 12V Fan Motor) Step by Step Procedure.
Note: Video (Step by Step procedure) is Coming Soon….
By: Wasim Khan
Free Circuit Design Software: learn to use Editor quickly and easily
Cheapest PCB: 10pcs 2-layers 10cm×10cm only $8.21, 3-day build time, 100% E-test