Simplest DC Motor Ever.
Back to Briefing.
A motor is a device which converts an electrical energy into the mechanical energy. The energy
conversion process is exactly opposite to that involved in a D.C. generator. In a generator the input
mechanical energy is supplied by a prim mover while in a D.C. motor, input electrical energy is
supplied by a D.C. supply. The construction of a D.C. machine is same whether it is a motor or
A machine that converts D.C. power into mechanical power is known as a D.C. motor.
D.C. Motor principle
D.C. motor operation is based on the principle that when a current carrying conductor is placed in
a magnetic field, the conductor experiences a mechanical force. The direction of this force is given
by Fleming’s left hand rule and magnitude is given by:
F = BIl
B is the flux density in teslas (Wb/m2)
I is the current flowing through conductor in amperes
L is the length of conductor in meters.
its enough man..Don’t go crazy …..Now lets begin our simplest project..
- Battery 12 volts, or Adapter (220 AC to 12 DC)
- 2 magnets
- Thin insulated wire
- 2 Metal Conductor hook or safety pins (Same size)
- First of all bend the metal wire (As seen in figures 13 and 14) and put it in a wood or plastic block.
- Take one or two magnates and fix on wooden or plastic block.
- Take the insulated wire and round up on a cylindrical pipe.
- Then remove the insulation from the insulated wire ends. (Both ends)The coil isn’t wound tightly enough.
- The coil should be very tight and neat.
- Take the coil (in other words, Armature) and hang on with the help of conductor above the magnets (point to be noted: Magnets produce magnetic field.). As seen in figures 13 and 14. Connect the Conductors With battery.
- The Motor armature will be run with high speed.
- Hold one more magnet on the top of the coil. Try changing the pole of magnet, the speed will be high.
By: Wasim Khan
Step by Step Procedure video…Coming Soon..
EasyEDA: A Powerful Free Circuit, Simulation & PCB Design Tool
Register now to use it for free in Your Browser. No Need to download. Lots of resources and Step by step tutorials