Single-Phase Electrical Wiring installation in a Multi-Story Building
- Three Phase Energy meter 1 No
- Two Pole MCCB, 100A, 1 No
- Double Pole, 63A, 30mA Trip Current RCD, 3 Nos
- Double Pole MCBs, 63A, 3 Nos
- Single Pole, 20A, MCB, 6 Nos
- Single Pole, 16A, MCB, 3 Nos
- Single Pole, 10A, MCB, 6 Nos
- Distribution board cases, 3 Nos
- Bus bar Link for Neutral Cable Connections
- Cupper strips for MCB Common connection, 3 Nos
Step by Step Procedure
- First of all, connect the single-phase energy meter as shown in fig. (If you don’t sure that how to wire a 1-phase energy meter, then check this simple method How To Wire a Single Phase kWh meter ( Digital or analog Energy Meter)
- Connect the MCCB (Moulded Case circuit Breaker) as a two pole main switch to the incoming Phase and Neutral (P and N)) from 1-phase energy meter
- Now connect the outgoing Phase and Neutral (P and N) from MCCB (Moulded Case circuit Breaker) to the DP (Double Pole MCB , RCD, SP (Single Pole MCBs and load) of each storey, as shown in fig)
- Also connect the Neutral wires to RCDs and then to neutral links and then to specific loads (as shown in fig).
- Do not forget about earthling. So connect all loads with Earth link and earth link must be connected to the earth electrode viva earth lead (as shown in fig)
- Use the main breaker with proper rating i.e. which carry the total load current of all distribution boards of each storey but install the breaker in Sub distribution board according to that desired storey i.e. fans, lights etc in one storey and so on for other storey.
- If a circuit breakerof a circuit or distribution board trip due to some reason, then all bulb and loads would not disconnect at once.
- In case of one circuit instead of three circuits, if the load of storey increases, then more current will flow and cables may overheat. Also voltage drop would be increased. So rated voltage may not reach to electrical appliances,therefore, the light of bulbs would be dimmed. Moreover, due to overheat in the cables, there is also a risk of fire in the building.
- Disconnect the power source before servicing, repairing or installing electrical equipments and installation.
- Also use the proper cable in size with this simple calculation method ( How to determine the suitable size of cable for Electrical Wiring Installation)
- Never try to work on electricity without proper guidance and care
- Work with electricity only in presence of those persons who has good knowledge and practical work to deal with electricity
- Read all instruction and cautions and follow them strictly.
- The author will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information or try any circuit in wrong format so please! Be careful because it’s all about electricity and electricity is too dangerous
You May Also Read
- Three-Phase Electrical Wiring installation in a Multi-Story Building
- Three Phase Electrical Wiring in Home (How to Connect Loads in Single Phase & three Phase Supply System)
- Electrical Wiring
- Wiring of the distribution board , Single phase, from Energy meter to the main distribution board (Without RCD)
- Wiring of the Distribution Board with RCD , Single Phase, (from Energy Meter to the main Distribution Board) Fuse Board Connection
Cheap PCB Prototype: 10 pcs 2 layers only $10, quick delivery, 100% E-test.