USB Mini Fan (Homemade, very simple Using PC 12V Fan Motor)
- An old computer cooling fan or a 12VDC motor ( from toys car, trash etc)
- 2 old Cds (disks) (One for base stand and other for making Fan)
- A Phillips-head screwdriver
- Wire cutter
- A USB cable with a plug at both ends (you can use just normal wire as well)
- Decorated stand as seen in the figures 20 and 22.
- A working computer with USB port or Power supply of 12V DC with plug slot.
- A wire-insulation stripper
- Electrical tape
- Cut the CD by scissor in the form of fan blades and then use candle or lighter to heat up the blades of CD to bend in the form of fan blades. See the fig below.
- Disconnect the other two wires (total would be 4 wires in most cases) that attached to the motor fan (or computer cooling fan) i.e. expect the Red and Black one. These (Red & Black) wires will remain connected to the fan.
- Using wire cutter, strip off a half-inch of the protective coating from the two wires.
- Cut off one end of the USB cable and strip away two inches of the outer casing. There will be four wires inside. Green, white, red, and black. Slice off the green and white wires up to the casing. All we need here the red and black wires.
- Strip a half-inch of the protective coating from the red and black USB wires.
- Twist the exposed USB wires to the exposed wires from the computer fan, red to red, and black to black.
- Wrap the two individual sets of connected wires separately in electrical tape (tightly). Then, wrap the tap around both sets together to form one cable.
- Create a stand for the fan from the other CD as seen in the figure 20.
- Adjust the angle of the fan as desired and plug the USB cable into your computer or main control circuit on the project board. Ah, feel the refreshing breeze.
You may also find more simple but interesting electrical project here.JLCPCB - Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 + 2 days Lead Time
China's Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 300,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Per Day
Inside a huge PCB factory