LED String / Strip Circuit Diagram Using PCR-406
It is a very interesting circuit of blinking/dancing and flashing LED String / Strip. Any one can make it at home as it is very simple and the basic components can be found at any electronic components shop. This LED strip/string circuit (dancing/blinking LED circuit) is an interesting circuit where LED bulbs light and glow in different ways like “Dance” and “Blinks” and most suitable for X-MAS, birthday, anniversary parties, holidays and other related light decoration at home.
This LED flashing circuit blinks and glow in the following series.
- In Waves
- Steady On.
Related Project: Traffic Light Control Electronic Project using IC 4017 & 555 Timer
Below is the step by step tutorial to make the led blinking and dancing LED strip circuit.
This is the front side of the LED circuit (Front view without box).
Now turn around to see the basic and very simple circuit of these funny LED string. It can be seen that the circuit is DIY (do it yourself) related stuff and anyone knowing the basic functions of electronic components can make at home.
- Related Project: Clap Switch Circuit Electronic Project Using 555 Timer
Basic X-MAS LED Flashing String Array Circuit
Click image to enlarge
Components Required for Christmas LED String Circuit
- SCR 1 and SCR 2 = PCR 406 PNPN
- D1 = IN 4007
- C = 10μF, 16 V
- R1 = 2MΩ
- R2 = 150kΩ
- LED = 60 Nos
- IC/Chip (Programmable) = Y803A
- Tactile Switch = Pattern Change
- Input Voltage
- 220V, 50-60 Hz
Related Project: PCB Design of LED Flasher Circuit. Step by Step
when you complete the circuit on general purpose PCB or breadboard, then connect 60 Nos of LED (white or whatever color you want). Now supply the 230V AC (UK) or 120V AC (US) and the LED string will start to glow and flash. You may also control the way of blinking by pressing the control button on the circuit box.
Below are the different colors and shapes of LED’s and light with incandescent and LED’s tested with the circuit.
Click images to enlarge
You might also read:
- 230-110 V AC Main Operated LED NIGHT LAMP Circuit Diagram
- Automatic Street Light Control System.(Sensor using LDR & Transistor BC 547.)
- Emergency LED Lights. Powerful & Cheap Circuit LED-716 LED Light Schematic
- Required Value of Resistor for LED’s Circuit Calculator
- How to calculate the value of resistor for LED’s (with different types of LED’s circuits)