Here we used two 12 Volts toy/ Old Tap-recorder Motors(From trash). One as a Motor ( Turbne) and other one as a Generator/alternator. A whitle LED is coneccted as a Load to the Generator Ourput.
Note That this is seems to be a Motor-Generator Set, but No.. Because Motor-Generator Set ( AC Motor and DC Generator) used as a Convertor (AC to DC and vice versa), and here we used it for glowing an LED ( For showing that how can we use a DC motor as a DC Generator).
Here, we are going to step by step procedure.
- 2 Toy or Old Tap recorders Motor (one as a motor and other as a generator)
- 1 LED
- One big rubber band as a belt
- 2 pulleys (one small and other is large one)
- Flexi wire
- 4 screws
- Wooden piece
- Metal strip
- Install both motors (one as a motor and other one as a generator) on wooden piece tightly by metal strip and tight the screws.
- Connect both motors (one as a motor and other one as a generator) by rubber band or belt which is fixed in the pulley.
- Connect an LED to the generator output (Red and black)
- Connect the motor with 12VDC, and run it as a turbine. It will rotate the armature of generator by belt and current will produce in the generator that will glow the LED.
By: Wasim Khan
Step by Step Procedure video…Coming Soon..