How To Calculate Your Electricity Bill? Simple Calculation.
It is very easy to calculate the electricity bill and tariff for Electrical Engineering Students but, it makes confusion for non-technical people that concern about their electric charges from the electricity service providers.
Suppose, a consumer consumes 1000 watts load per hour daily for one month. Calculate The Total Energy bill of the consumer if per unit rate is 9 (In $, £, €, INR ,Rs, DHR, Riyal etc) [Take 1 month = 30 Days].
1unit = 1kWh.
So Total kWh = 1000 Watts x 24 Hrs x 30 Days = 720000 watts/hour.
we Want to convert it into Units, Where is 1unit = 1kWh.
So total Consumed units. 720000/1000…… (k=kilo=1000).
Total Units = 720.
Cost of per unit is 9.
So total Cost or Electricity bill= 720 x 9 = 6480. (In $, £, €, INR ,Rs, DHR, Riyal etc). You have Done 🙂
A question is raised that why we multiplied it with 24 although the daily rate is given. Not that It is not Daily Rates, It’s the rate of Per Unit Where 1 unit = 1 kWh (Also Called 1 =B.T.U = Board of Trade Unit).
for instance, If you switched ON a 1000 watt bulb for 1 hour, It mean you consumed 1000 watts for an hour i.e. (1000 watts for 1 hour = 1kWh = 1 unit of Energy). So if the rate of unit is $5 , then you will pay 5 Dollars as a bill for your bulb which consumed 1kWh = 1 unit of electricity.
Isn’t it easy to calculate you electricity bill?… Let me know in the below comment box if you face any problem regard your electricity bill calculation or want to know more about your costume (home, residential or commercial electricity bill.
You may also read:
- How to Determine the Number of Lamps in Final Sub Circuit?
- How to test a battery with Test meter?
- How to determine the number of Nodes, Branches, Loops and Meshes in a Circuit?
- How to Convert Capacitor Farads into kVAR & Vice Versa?
- How to Find The Suitable Size of Cable & Wire for Electrical Wiring Installation?
- How to Find the value of SMD Resistors?
- How to find The value of Burnt Resistor?
- How to Check a Capacitor with Digital Multimeter and Analog AVO Meter?
- How To Wire Single Phase kWh meter?
Cheap PCB Prototype: 10 pcs 2 layers only $10, quick delivery, 100% E-test.