Copper & Aluminum Wire & Cable Size Calculator
Today, we are here with another comprehensive Copper and aluminum wire size calculator.
- You can also check the classical Wire & Cable Size Calculator in (AWG)
Calculating Wire/Cable Size formula for single Phase Circuits
Wire Circular mils = 2 x ρ x I x L / (% Allowable Voltage drop of source voltage)
Calculating Wire/Cable Size formula for Three Phase Circuits
Wire Circular mils = √3 x 2 x ρ x I x L / (% Allowable Voltage drop of source voltage)
- ρ = Specific resistance or resistivity of Conductor
- D = Distance in Feet (One way) i.e. ½ the total circuit length
- I = Load Current
Note: the Value of ρ = Specific resistance or resistivity of Conductor is used here for copper and aluminum is 11.2 and 17.4 respectively at 53° C (127° F)
- Also check the “Good to know” Section after the calculator.
Enter the values, And click on calculate. Result will shows the required quantity.
Good to Know:
If the wire size is greater than all gauges (i.e 0000 is largest one size of wire in), then electrical engineer measure it in CM, kCM or MCM instead of inches, because inch is a small unit of these kinds of wires. Where;
A circular mil (CM) is a unit of circular area with a diameter of one mil (one thousandth of an inch). It corresponds to 5.067×10-4 mm².
1000 CM (circular mils) = 1 MCM or 1 kcmil = 0.5067 mm², so 2 kcmil.
It is a unit for referring to the area of a wire with a circular cross section.
Related Posts & Calculators:
- American Wire Gauge “AWG” Calculator – AWG Size Chart & Table
- Standard Wire Gauge “SWG” Calculator – SWG Size Chart & Table
- AWG/SWG to mm/mm2, inch/inch2 & kcmil Calculator & Conversion
- American Wire Gauge “AWG” Chart – Wire Size & Ampacity Table
- Circuit Breaker Size Calculator Calculator with Examples
- Required Value of Resistor for LED’s Circuit Calculator
- IC 555 Timer Calculator with formulas & Equations
- Battery Life Calculator
- Power, Voltage, Current & Resistance (P,V,I,R) Calculator
- Even more Electrical/Electronics Online Calculators