LED Resistor Calculator – Required Value of Resistor for LED’s Circuit Calculator
LED Resistor Calculator
The following LED Resistor calculator will help you to find the proper value of resistor for LED’s circuit to connect with battery.
Formula for LED Resistor Calculator
Resistor Value = (Vs – VF)/ IF
- Vs = Input Supply DC voltage
- VF = LED Forward Voltage
- IF = LED current in mA (mill amperes)
If you want to know more about how to calculate the Resistors values for different LED’s circuit i.e., series, parallel, and series parallel, then read this interesting Article about the Topic.
Note: It is too difficult to find the exact value of resistors that you have calculated. Generally, Resistors come in standard values. If you are not able to find the exact value of the resistor that you have calculated, then select the next coming value of resistor that you have calculated, For Example, if the calculated value is 313.5Ω, you would use the closest standard value, which is 330 Ω. if the closest value is not close enough, then you can make it by connecting resistors in series – parallel configuration.
Update: you can also try this calculator Standard Resistor Closest Value Calculator instead of the above method stated in the “note”.
Enter values and click on calculate. Result will display the required value of Resistor in Ohms (Ω).
Related Posts and Calculators
- Resistor Color Code Calculators – 3, 4, 5 & 6 Band Resistors Calculation
- AWG/SWG to mm/mm2, inch/inch2 & kcmil Calculator & Conversion
- Standard Wire Gauge “SWG” Calculator – SWG Size Chart & Table
- American Wire Gauge “AWG” Calculator – AWG Size Chart & Table
- Capacitor Bank in kVAR & µF Calculator for Power Factor Correction
- Power Factor Correction Calculator – How to Find P.F Capacitor in µF & kVAR?
- IC 555 Timer Calculator with formulas & Equations
- Battery Life Calculator
- Power, Voltage, Current & Resistance (P,V,I,R) Calculator
- Even more Electrical/Electronics Online Calculators