Advance Voltage Drop Calculator and Voltage Drop Formula
Table of Contents
- 1 What is allowable Voltage Drop?
- 2 Voltage Drop Calculator (Advance)
- 3 Voltage Drop Formulas and Calculation
- 4 Voltage Drop formula for Single Phase and DC Circuits
- 5 Voltage Drop Calculation and Formulas for Three Phase system.
- 6 Wire cross sectional area calculations
- 7 Wire diameter Calculation
- 8 Wire Resistance calculations formula
- 9 Voltage Drop Calculation formula for Circular milsCircular mils
- 10 How to calculate voltage drop in copper conductor (1 & 3 phase)?
- 11 Solved Example on Voltage Drop Calculations
What is allowable Voltage Drop?
According to the NEC (National Electric Code) [210.19 A (1)] FPN number 4 and [215.2 A (3)] FPN number 2, the allowable Voltage drop for feeders is 3% and the acceptable voltage drop for final sub circuit and branch circuit is 5% for proper and efficient operation.
For example, if the Supply voltage is 110V, then the value of allowable voltage drop should be;
Allowable Voltage Drop = 110 x (3/100) = 3.3V.
You may also check more Electrical & Electronics Engineering Calculators
We have already discussed the selection of proper size of cable for electrical wiring installation in SI and British system with examples.In the above article, we have also explained the voltage drop calculation and voltage drop formula as well as online cable size calculator.
Today, we are going to share Online Advance Voltage Drop Calculator and Voltage Drop formulas in detail.
Good to know: Read the full description below the voltage drop calculator for better explanation as there are many voltage drop calculation formulas with example. in addition, there is also a very simple method to calculate the voltage drop.
Voltage Drop Calculator (Advance)
Enter value and click on calculate. Result will be displayed