Simple Maglev (Magnetic Levitation) Electrical Project
Levitation by means of opposing magnets. Magnet or Magnetic levitation is a system of two sets magnets used for maglev train transportation. The first magnet push or repel the train up of the train track while the second magnet set move the elevated train ahead in a smooth way as their is no friction involved in the system.
- Related Post: Difference Between Conductor and Superconductor
Project Experiment and Explanation to replicate:
You may Also check other simple Electrical & Electronics Projects
- Needed: 6 speakers alike (for same size and material magnets)
- A cylindrical piece of wood,
- Stainless Steel Ball (like in Bearings)
- Wood or plastic base
- Mirror or glass.
- The six magnets are removed from the old speakers (I found in the trash bin)
- Two of them are left intact to setup (as shown in the video below) it later in the compartment housing wooden tube.
- The other two speaker magnets has been cut in half to obtain two semi circle shape (you may use full magnets) and pasted on the wooden or plastic base.
- Attach a stainless steel ball (from trash bearings) at one end of the wooden cylinder by using glue.
- Attach a molded glass or mirror to the one side of wooden base at 90° (rectangular shape is recommend)
- The magnets must be placed on the base in the opposite direction to the magnets on cylinder wood stick i.e. “they should repel each other.”
- Finally, just set the position and rotate the wood stick. It will start rotation until you stop it (according to the newton law’s, it will remain in rotation until an applied force stop it like air friction (theoretically, it will rotate forever in the space).
Magnetic Levitation Simple Project Video:
Related Electronic Project Ideas lists:
- Electrical Engineering Final Year Projects
- Electronics Engineering Project Ideas for Engineering Students
- Electronics Final Year Projects Ideas List
- Simple and Basic Electronics Mini Project Ideas for Beginners
- Simple Electrical & Electronics Projects