Simple Maglev (Magnetic Levitation) Electrical Project
Levitation by means of opposing magnets. Magnet or Magnetic levitation is a system of two sets of magnets used for maglev train transportation. The first magnet pushes or repels the train up of the train track while the second magnet moves the elevated train ahead in a smooth way as there is no friction involved in the system.
- Related Post: Difference Between Conductor and Superconductor
Project Experiment and Explanation to replicate:
You may Also check other simple Electrical & Electronics Projects
- Needed: 6 speakers alike (same size round shaped speaker magnets)
- A cylindrical piece of wood
- Stainless Steel Ball (like in Bearings)
- Wood or plastic base
- Mirror or glass.
- The six magnets are removed from the old speakers (I found in the trash bin)
- Two of them are left intact to set up (as shown in the video below) later in the compartment housing of wooden tube.
- The other two speaker magnets have been cut in half to obtain two semi circle shapes (you may use full magnets) and pasted on the wooden or plastic base with the help of glue.
- Attach a stainless steel ball (from trash bearings) at one end of the wooden cylinder by using glue.
- Attach a molded glass or mirror to the one side of the wooden base at 90° (rectangular shape is recommended)
- The magnets must be placed on the base in the opposite direction to the magnets on cylinder wood sticks i.e. “they should repel each other.”
- Finally, just set the position and rotate the wood stick. It will start rotation until you stop it (according to Newton’s laws, it will remain in rotation until an applied force stops it like air friction (theoretically, it will rotate forever in space).
Magnetic Levitation Simple Project Video:
Related fun based Simple Electrical Projects for Beginners:
- Simplest DC Motor Ever – Battery Cell Motor
- Simple DC Motor (Electrical Project)
- Generator From Motor. Very Simple
- A Very Simple Generator / Alternator (Dynamic Model from Trash)
- Make a Simple Generator to Understand the working Principle of Generator/Alternator. (Spool Generator)
- Generator from Motor (With Simple CD’s Turbine) . ( CD Disc Generator) from Trash
- A simple Electrical Project ( Magnet levitation)
- Simple Project on Hydro Electric Power Station with Turbine. (Modal)
- Automatic Street Light Control System.(Sensor using LDR & Transistor BC 547.) Very Simple.
- Mini Air-Cooler System from 12V Fan (Homemade form Trash)
- Electronics Final Year Projects Ideas List
- Electronics Engineering Project Ideas for Engineering Students
- Simple and Basic Electronics Mini Project Ideas for Beginners
- Top Electrical Mini Projects Ideas List
- Electrical Engineering Final Year Projects
- Top Electrical Projects ideas for Engineering Students
- Electrical Engineering Interview Questions and Answers
- Electronics Engineering Interview Questions and Answers
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering Interview Questions & Answers