Uses and Application of Transformer
The most important uses and application of Transformer are:
- It can rise or lower the level of level of Voltage or Current ( when voltage increases, current decreases and vice virsa because P =V x I, and Power is same ) in an AC Circuit.
- It can increase or decrease the value of capacitor, an inductor or resistance in an AC circuit. It can thus act as an impedance transferring device.
- It can be used to prevent DC from passing from one circuit to the other.
- it can isolate two circuits electrically.
Transformer is the main reason to transmit and distribute power in AC instead of DC, because Transformer not work on DC so there are too difficulties to transmit power in DC. in the DC Transition and distribution, the level of voltage Step up by Buck and Boost Converter but it is too costly and not suitable economically.
The main application of Transformer is to Step up ( Increase) or Step down (Decrease) the level of Voltage.
in other words, Increase or decries the level of Current, while Power must be same.
Other Uses and application of Transformer:
It step up the level of voltage at generation side before transmission and distribution.
in distribution side, for commercial or domestic use of electricity, transformer step down ( decries) the level of voltage for example form 11kV to 220 V single phase and 440 V three phase.
The Current Transformer and Potential Transformer also used power system and in the industry. Also, it is used for impedance matching. So these were the simple uses and application of transformer.
- Transformer Phasing: The Dot Notation and Dot Convention
- What is the difference between Power Transformers and Distribution Transformers?
- Transformers (MCQs With Explanatory Answers)
Pole-mounted distribution transformer with center-tapped secondary winding used to provide “split-phase” power for residential and light commercial service, which in North America is typically rated 120/240 volt.Sources of Image and attribution WikipediaFrom Schematic to PCB Production, Just Need One Tool - EasyEDA
Free Circuit Design Software: learn to use Editor quickly and easily
Cheapest PCB: 10pcs 2-layers 10cm×10cm only $8.21, 3-day build time, 100% E-test